Ganz frisch aus einem Internet-Forum.
Here are my steps to recording music when you’re the parent of a small child:
– Come up with a great riff and melody.
– Start to record it.
– Realize your child is doing something enormously stupid.
– Deal with it.
– Come back six or seven hours later.
- Realize you’ve recorded the bass line and forgotten the melody.
- Give up.
– Come up with a shit melody, away from the computer
– Can’t hear own thoughts anymore over the racket the 2 year old is making
– Give up on memory (and hearing) for a while
– Wait for Saturday evening
– Drink some single malt, because hey, it’s the only day in the week that I can relax and do that
– Finally make it in front of the laptop at midnight
– Mess around in a DAW trying to remember what you forgot during the week
– Oh look, it’s 2am, better go to bed because the little one wakes up at 6am.
– Repeat for the next few years