Ganz frisch aus einem Internet-Forum.
Here are my steps to recording music when you’re the parent of a small child:
- Come up with a great riff and melody.
- Start to record it.
- Realize your child is doing something enormously stupid.
- Deal with it.
- Come back six or seven hours later.
- Realize you’ve recorded the bass line and forgotten the melody.
- Give up.
- Come up with a shit melody, away from the computer
- Can’t hear own thoughts anymore over the racket the 2 year old is making
- Give up on memory (and hearing) for a while
- Wait for Saturday evening
- Drink some single malt, because hey, it’s the only day in the week that I can relax and do that
- Finally make it in front of the laptop at midnight
- Mess around in a DAW trying to remember what you forgot during the week
- Oh look, it’s 2am, better go to bed because the little one wakes up at 6am.
- Repeat for the next few years